Every girl knows that menstrual cramp is painful and annoying. The cause of this pain is the contraction of the womb. This contraction presses blood vessels that are located near the womb. That’s why the womb does not get enough oxygen. As a result, girls suffer from cramps and pain during or before your period. Some girls have severe pain at this time but others may have more tolerable pain.
Yoga practice to relieve menstrual cramp
There are several ways you can do to minimize the pain. You can use certain medication, such as paracetamol and aspirin to relieve this pain. If you want something more natural and safer, you can try to practice yoga. According to a research, yoga can help your body cope better with stress during your period. In addition, it will help your body to produce natural painkillers. If you want to get those benefits, you must practice the exercise twice a week for several months.
Here are some of the yoga pose you can try.
- Janu Sirsasana (a head-to-knee forward bend)
- Sit on the floor with legs extended forward
- Bend your right knee outward so that it creates 90 degree angle. Your foot must touch your left thigh
- Hold your left shin, inhale, square your hips, and lengthen your torso over your straight le
- Stay in this position for a minute or 3 minutes. Gaze the floor and breathe steadily
- Ustrasana (camel pose)
- Start with a kneeling position with your knees hips-width apart
- Slightly turns your thighs inward and press your feet and sheen on the floor firmly
- Rest your hands on the back of your hips with fingers pointing downward
- Breathe in. Lift your chest and lower your shoulders to your ribs
- Exhale and arch your back
- Drop your head back and gaze upward
- Stay in this position for a minute
Those two Yoga poses will give you some advantages. These are some of the benefits you’ll get from practicing those two poses.
- Relieve mild pain
- Relieve menstrual discomfort
- Reduce fatigue
- Improve posture
- Relieve stress
Other workouts to relieve menstrual pain
Yoga is not the only exercise that can help you reduce menstrual cramp. Experts said that aerobic can also give you similar benefits. Low-impact aerobic exercise can do the trick. Walking and swimming regularly will help you free from this pain. Ideally, you need to perform this exercise for 30 minutes. Do it five days a week.
Aside from the exercise above, you must also have the right diet. Certain nutritions can help you free from this cramp if you take them a few days before. Taking extra calcium, vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acid, and magnesium can help you solve this problem. In order to get the benefits, you must take those supplements for three days before your period. In addition, you must make sure that you drink enough water and eat foods is rich of iron. During your period, you must limit your caffeine intake because it can worsen your pain.
Tags: hipwee, hipwee girls, hipwee.net, How to Deal Menstrual, How to Menstrual Naturally, Menstrual, perfect girls